Sunday, February 22, 2009

Total disaster

I just decided to stop sewing the dress I was making using McCall's pattern M5701. I had to many problems from the beginning. I also had to go to the fabric store to get more fabric for the neck.

Attaching the neck was too much of a challenge. Even though I followed directions and it was well cut, it did not match with the dress neck. I got tired of trying to fix it. What can I say...it looked totally homemade! Not wearable!

I think sewing shall be relaxing not another way to get stress out, so this unfinished dress is going directly to the trash or maybe I will keep it to use the fabric to do something else. I don't recommend using this pattern unless you are very experience. I think that for now on I will only buy "easy" patterns until I become really advance because I am so tired of not getting the good results with McCall's patterns specially. Well, I am going back to sew other projects that hopefully will turn out better.

3 comments:

MsMica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MsMica said...

NO!! Dont stop!! That's one of my favorite patterns!
What is giving you problems?
I also ment to say its one of the first pattners I made...
So don't think you have to wait till your more advanced.
In fact, I just pulled it out to make again. I made a linen version last summer. But now I want to make a heavier weight one for winter.

Unknown said...

I think my choice of fabric was a good one. I messed it up in the neck so I may need to buy fabric to finish the same dress. I don't think I will throw away the pattern so maybe I will do it again with another fabric.