Sunday, February 22, 2009

Total disaster

I just decided to stop sewing the dress I was making using McCall's pattern M5701. I had to many problems from the beginning. I also had to go to the fabric store to get more fabric for the neck.

Attaching the neck was too much of a challenge. Even though I followed directions and it was well cut, it did not match with the dress neck. I got tired of trying to fix it. What can I say...it looked totally homemade! Not wearable!

I think sewing shall be relaxing not another way to get stress out, so this unfinished dress is going directly to the trash or maybe I will keep it to use the fabric to do something else. I don't recommend using this pattern unless you are very experience. I think that for now on I will only buy "easy" patterns until I become really advance because I am so tired of not getting the good results with McCall's patterns specially. Well, I am going back to sew other projects that hopefully will turn out better.

4 comments:

MsMica...Sewnista in the making said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MsMica...Sewnista in the making said...

NO!! Dont stop!! That's one of my favorite patterns!
What is giving you problems?
I also ment to say its one of the first pattners I made...
So don't think you have to wait till your more advanced.
In fact, I just pulled it out to make again. I made a linen version last summer. But now I want to make a heavier weight one for winter.

Lizz M said...

I think my choice of fabric was a good one. I messed it up in the neck so I may need to buy fabric to finish the same dress. I don't think I will throw away the pattern so maybe I will do it again with another fabric.

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.