Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simplicit 2304 Tottler Halloween Costumes

I used Simplicity pattern 2304 to make my twin babies first Halloween costumes. My baby boy was a pumpkin and the girl was a bee. I think they turned out pretty good, but it was very hard to have them stay still so that I could take good pictures. Anyway, I am posting some pictures and a brief review.



I used this pattern because I wanted them to wear similar costumes and I could not find anything at the store that would match, since I was looking for a boy costume and a girl costume. Also, I do not like costumes that look like stuffed animals because I think children can get overheated in areas where the weather is not so cold.

Here is a family picture.

Here is the "little pumpkin" running.

Both of them playing with the door.


I used an orange suede fabric and to make the jack-o lantern face I used crafting felt. The hat was very easy to make. I also used crafting felt to make the leaf and the stem.

For her costume I used a yellow suede fabric.

I purchased the shirts and leggings at a popular children store.
This pattern is great for beginners. You can read my complete review at Pattern Review.




No comments: