Monday, November 1, 2010

Witch dress Simplicity 2324

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween celebration. This year I made costumes all the family. Well, kind of. For my husband I did some alterations. Anyway, I will start by reviewing Simplicity Pattern 2324 which I used for witch costume.
As you can see in the illustration the girl is wearing fishnets which I decided not to wear because it was cold. Also my dress is longer than hers.



I used leather leggings. I think they worked fine.


purchased a witch hat and decorated with the same fabric I used for the dress.

This Simplicity pattern was easy to sew but it is not a beginner pattern because the instructions stops after the dress is assemble. It does not says anything about terminations. I knew I had to use binding at the collar and the sleeves, but will a newbie to sewing figure that out? Also there is a zipper at the back and an overlay which some people may find difficult to handle. In general, instructions where easy to follow. I like this pattern so much I am keeping it for the future. To read the complete review go to patternreview.com

1 comment:

witch costume said...

I think the simplicity pattern is best for every type of costume. The witch costume of your site based on the simplicity pattern is really fantastic; I think it can be more attractive if its color contrast is changed. Thanks for the sharing.