Saturday, January 24, 2009
Simplicity pattern 4070
I finished this dress a couple of days ago. There were lots of modifications.
First, I wanted to make it a bubble dress just like the picture in the pattern. When attached the two skirts together I noticed there was too much difference between the skirts measurements. I mean the lining was too small. I followed all the instructions. Maybe there was an error in the pattern. It did not make any sense to me. So I just made a regular skirt.
With the bodice I did not have many problems. I did not use boning, to me it looked more complicated if I decided to use it and I don't think I needed it. At the end even though I took all the measurements on my body and on my twin, I feel the dress is not too fitted. I have been experiencing problems with all the dresses I have make using a size 14 pattern which is suppose to be my size since I have a 36 size bust but I may need to use patterns in a size 12 and maybe the results will be better just by making a few alterations next time. I did not use the belt either.
My iron is not working very well, so the dress is not well pressed. I may take another picture in the future. I still don't know if I will wear this dress soon or have any place to wear it at. I wanted to finish this project since I had it on my "things to do list" for so long.