Saturday, September 20, 2008

McCall's Pattern M5717 Work in Progress

During the past two weeks I have been working on a coat using M5717. Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow. I purchased a fabric very similar to the one in the picture. The results are not going to be the same as the one in the picture thou. I had to use some help from my mother because I could not figure out how to get the sleeves on without adding darts because it was not very well explained in the pattern instructions. So, again since I am working and she is at home she took it from there. She fixed the sleeves and attached the ruffled. I will do the button holes tomorrow.

I tried the coat on today and it is bigger and longer than I expected. I may need to start cutting coat and jackets patterns in a smaller size. I can't do alterations because I finished the terminations. I concluded that in order to make it fit me well, I will do the button holes a little bit to the right. I think the coat is looking good and will be a good addition for my fall wardrobe.