Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Project 1

The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle is one of my favorite children's story books.   This book or may I say the caterpillar is gaining a lot of popularity lately.  I saw a girl wearing a knotted dress made with pictures of the book and I started searching Etsy.com and I was amazed about how many "Very Hungry Caterpillar" dresses are for sale on that website.  I was even more amazed when I saw that the prices range from $25 to $50.  I did my research and found the licenced fabric at Fabric.com and I am getting two dresses and one outfit for the price of one dress.  Please excuse me for revealing the secret, but I needed to share.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar


My first project is a dress for my cousin's daughter who is currently wearing 2t.  I used the Simplicity pattern 2383.  I cut the dress in a size 2. 

No comments: